Zucchini Squash Boats (Vegetarian)
I was incredibly pleased with this recipe! Not only did it turn out flawlessly, but it was quick and practically effortless. Nearly all of the main ingredients can be grown in a garden, or easily found at any store for relatively cheap. Most importantly, it got the seal of approval from my teenage brother!
Credit to the southernliving 5 Star Recipe book for the base recipe, although it has been altered.
1 large straight squash
1 cup water
1 diced red bell pepper
1 cup peas
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Basil to taste
1) Cut squash in half, lengthwise and scoop out pulp to set aside
2) Place squash cut side down in shallow baking dish and add water
3) Bake, covered, at 350* F (~180* C) for 8 minutes
4) Drain well, and return to dish cut side up
5) Chop squash pulp and red pepper.
6) Saute with peas, garlic and olive oil
7) Remove from heat, add basil
8) Coat squash lightly in basil and olive oil for extra flavor, if desired
9) Spoon vegetable mixture into squash and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
10) Broil on top rack until cheese has melted
Hey so IF we have a MUTUAL follow goin on, feel free to ask for my
- cellular number
- first born
you know, anything you want
(Source: deanovak, via nekoabi)
My mom and I gave my little brother one of these balloons a couple months ago, and a few days later he said it creeped him out because sometimes it would rub against his wall or the shadow would make him think there was a person in his room.
So, of course, for his 14th birthday we decided to buy 14 of them and fill his room when he was out.
When he got back home and went upstairs we waited to see how he would react and weren’t disappointed when we heard loud screams and curses.
Then, because I’m an asshole, I moved them into our guest room (aka, my dad’s closet) after my dad had fallen asleep.
I was woken up this morning by my dad screaming.
Clearly because this is a fantastic idea, whoever pisses me off will wake up surrounded by smiley balloons.
Let the games begin
My brother ate the last slice of cake
Enjoy your shower, motherfucker
(Source: oswinandargent, via ariaoftheelements)